3.21.2012

YCN Collaboration contract

Brief title. 
- YCN Competition Brief

Why have you chosen to work with your creative partner? what are your aims? 
I chose to work with Matt because I felt that my skill set complemented, if not matched, the skills that he outlined for his creative partner. I was also drawn to the design of his sheets and felt that his image base and skills with software and colour would prove beneficial overall.

What are your specific areas of creative interest in this brief? 
I'd very much like to go back to working with print, and although not massively in favour of a packaging brief, I'm open to the possibilities that arise from this collaboration and don't want to disregard an opportunity. I also see this as a good opportunity to learn from my partner, especially in terms of colour, because I think Matts grasp is much better than mine.

What specific design skills do you have to offer in relation to your collaboration? How do you intend to use them? 
I feel as a designer I am based very much around type & layout and also the physicality of print. So I think I could bring typographic knowledge and a meticulous approach towards the outcome to the creative table... I am very interested in printed finish, in terms of stock and special print so I think this could also be useful in the collaboration.

What non-specific skills do you offer in relation to your collaboration? How do you intend to use them? 
In terms of non specific skills, I think i can bring meticulous attention to detail and the process of producing work. Also along with this comes a hatred of spelling and grammatical errors so proofing etc is not a problem, which I think will be particularly useful in this collaboration. Also over the past few months I've become much more organised and feel an improved work ethic and use of time management will benefit the collaboration.

What will your specific roles be in the collaboration? 
I think within the collaboration I'd take a slightly more organisational role as well as print based designer, working off screen in terms of print finish.

What will your individual responsibilities be in relation to your collaboration? 
 - As mentioned previously, I'd like to go back to working with print so designing with this in mind would be one of my key responsibilities.
- I would probably focus on typographic elements of the designs, working very much with the skills learnt in the type module.
- Attention to detail.

What will our joint responsibilities be? 
Joint responsibilities will probably be building of concept and a share in the overall design duties.

No comments:

Post a Comment