10.25.2011

Enterprise - task 1 - Who am I? Who are they?

List of possible client groups.
-Small businesses
-large companies
-New brands
-Tired brands
-Websites
-Publishers/authors
-Editors
-Photographers
-Bands

I think bands & people of the music industry are a client area that reflect my interests in graphic design most effectively. Having a passion for music, and skills in layout and editorial design I think relate intrinsically to the needs of the music industry.

Although my interest in this area of design may change as my practice evolves I think the skills I have at the minute lead me to the layout and editorial side. With knowledge of and a passion for music I think it makes sense to look at this because of the cross over between the music & design industry. Obviously there is always room for my skills to develop, and I think there is a huge amount of development to be doing over the next few years of the course. I mainly want to develop my use of type and colour, both at a base level and at a level that allows these to be used for maximum impact when working with editorial design. Skills necessary to work in this area of design I imagine would be an extensive knowledge of music and contemporary design, so that work produced is always relevant and speaks directly to the target market. An effective use of type, layout, colour and a good knowledge of heirarchy of information is also important in this field of design.

Again I think my professional aim leads towards editorial design, working within a small business or group of creatives that will allow me to gain feedback for my work and feed off other creatives in a studio environment. I think this is how I work best. Being able to do this will provide knowledge of the industry and give many different perspectives that all help to give a broader range of approaches that will captivate the target audience.


No comments:

Post a Comment